How do I create my Custom Badges?
Crobox’s Custom Badging lets you promote your products when, where, and how you want. Our app guides you through the process by letting you choose which badges to place on specific products.
You can change font and badge color, but the location of the badge has been pre-selected by your Crobox account team. Custom badges are especially useful for your seasonal campaigns or if your team is interested in testing a particular message, and requires no IT.
Your custom badges will run alongside our behavioral nudges and/or product attributes, without interfering in these experiments.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on creating your own custom badges:
1. Go to your Crobox dashboard.
2. Under “Design”, click on Custom Badging.
3. Create a campaign.
4. Choose a campaign name, select a timeframe, and track your message performance. Keep in mind that in order to track performance you need a control group, which means a portion of your traffic will NOT see the custom messages.
5. Your targeting can be on a product segment (e.g., green clothing) or audience segment (e.g., GB mobile visitors from social). You can select existing segments or create new ones.
6. Save and go to your Step 2: Badge Design.
7. Under Badge Design you can manipulate badge color, font, and positioning on either the PLP and PDP. If you only want this badge shown on the PLP, this can also be an option, but we recommend being consistent in your messaging and having the same messaging throughout the customer journey.
8. Save and go to your Step 3: Campaign Messaging.
9. Under Campaign Messaging you can curate the messages you want to show on your products, including language, copy, and translations.
10. Save and go to Step 4: Preview & Publish.
11. You can preview your campaign by clicking on Preview. This action is tracked using a digital timestamp.
12. After having Previewed the campaign you can now click on Approve to approve your campaign.
13. After you’ve approved your campaign, it can now be scheduled or published (depending on the timeframe you’ve chosen).
14. If you realize you’ve made a mistake, you can still unpublish the campaign and make any changes. In case the campaign was already live, it will pause the campaign and create a new version. In case it was scheduled, it will go back to draft mode.
15. After you have reviewed your details, you can now approve your campaign.
16. We can A/B test your custom badges. Keep in mind, this will impact the percentage of visitors being exposed to the campaign, as traffic will be allocated for the control group, who aren’t shown a message.
17. To see message performance go to Discover > Performance, and click on the name of this campaign.
18. Sit back, relax, and wait for the results to come in! You’ve done all the work yourself and earned it.